Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Latest Drug Store Cosmetic Reviews!!!


Well well well, ladies and germs..looks like we've made it to the health and beauty isle. This is what decadence is all about and it's coming straight from the Jessie's mouth.. Over the past few months, many new brands of cosmetics have come out with new/ "improved" products that I am dying to review for you. ::winkwink::

The Products Under Review Here Are:

Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder - Brighten
Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder - Suntan Matte
Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour Long Lasting Foundation
Wet n' Wild Mega Eyes Cream Liner
Max Factor Vivid Impact Lipsticks
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder



Ok, let's get started, shall we?! First off, we have the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder in Brighten...



Doesn't it look purdy in the package? It's a baked, dome shaped highlighter...that is a good, mineralized dupe of the Benefit High Beam. It's also the consistency of some MAC Mineralized Skin Finishes but no particular shade. This product ranges from $7 - $13 depending on the retailer or possibility of a sale. I love this!! I use it on my decollete and neck to give a beautiful, sheen of dewiness..and right above the cheekbones as highlighter to really make my blushes POP! In all, I highly recommend this product. It is a lil pricey...but there are BOGOs (Buy One Gut One Free) sales all the time..so pick it up! I've known my deeper skin toned friends to love this as well so it's very versatile.




Moving on to the same brand, different shade and function all together! This is the Revlon Mineral Finishing Powder in Suntan Matte...my personal favorite contour shade and all over finishing powder for my deeper skinned beauties. It's kind of sparkly looking in the package but I assure you, it goes on pretty dern matte on the skin. It blends beautifully and runs around the same price, retail. Another one that is highly recommended. You can get these off the ebay for cheaper too. But they're definitely worth the money.


Now for the darker side of things...the Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour Long Lasting make up. I saw this and thought immediately.."Oh, Maybelline's dupe for Revlon Colorstay!" NOooooooooooooooo!! This is not the case. I applied it like I would my Revlon Colorstay..with a damp sponge and using very little...by the time I finished applying it, it had melted off my face. How the..?!?! Yes, so...I definitely give this product a million thumbs down. Ya never know, it may work for your skin type so if you have money to blow, it's always an option..this retails around $10 - $12 ... in my opinion, not worth it at all.



Next up for review is the Wet n' Wild Mega Eyes Cream Liner. I must say I love this more than the Jane Be Pure Mineral Gel Liner..it's well pigmented and similar to the MAC Blacktrack Fluidline when you know how to work with it. At $3.50 retail price, you can't beat that with a stick so...another highly recommended item here!! They come in different colors as well. I own the black and eggplant colored ones and use them as liner AND eyeshadow bases for a smokey eye look. I don't use the brush that comes with it..I use a fine tipped, art brush to apply it and it works magnificently. It goes on so smooth and even stays all day....EVEN on the waterline! Highly recommended...




These are the Max Factor Vivid Impact Lipsticks!!! I absolutely love the colors these come in..from sheer to shockingly pigmented..these are all winners in my book. Now..they retail at around $8.99 - $10.00 which is a bit pricey for a lippie. Save your change for these lippies, ladies if you're looking for the perfect nudes, vivid colors and wearability. I own a few of these lipsticks and they look amazing on..nice and glossy..here I am rockin' the nude, Max Factor Vivid Impact Lipstick...Golddigger, number 76!




As you can see, I am a fan of their lipsticks..so save your money, girls!!! Highly recommended!




Finally, we've come to my HG powder...the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder which is a phenomenal dupe of the Giorgio Armani Silk Powder. I looooooove this powder...it's the only drug store powder that keeps my skin oil free...with minimal touch ups. This over the Revlon Colorstay foundation is lush and flawless!! It goes on smooth as silk and even gives you a good deal of coverage. Some days, I wear it on it's own and it works great! It retails at: $8.49 - $9.00 and is well worth the money as it lasts for such a long time. Yep, I love this powder and use it on almost every one of my make up applications. Highly recommended..

Ok, that's all for now...more to come...more weirdness..more make up, more products, more blurbs..you name it..it's a commin'..



xoxoxoxo
luv,
jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak!